Saturday 23 October 2010

Bramblings galore!

This year has been a fairly good one so far for sightings of Brambling in the PBC area. There were at least 10 in amongst a flock of Chaffinches near work today.
They were quite happily `flitting` from tree to tree, until a male Sparrowhawk `buzzed` by causing a deal of upset!He was unlucky in his assault, but put the wind up the flock which dispersed rather rapidly!










A picture of the back of one of the Brambling showing the (what I think) amazing patterns.
All Digiscoped using Lumix FS15 and Kowa TSN-883 x30

4 comments:

  1. Dear John,
    you took beautiful pictures! I wonder if we have bramblings here - I tend to believe that we have Buchfinken here at the moment - (might be your chaffinges) - because around the house in Hamburg are three very big old beeches, there are a lot of park-like gardens - and they sing so beautiful in the morning (a few days before). They seem to be a bit more colourful than the bramblings, but I am not a connaisseur. Britta
    By the way: It was by accident that I didn't install your blog on my completely new blog-roll, now it is there, and I can see a new headline at a glance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings John,
    What a visual delight. I'm very glad I checked out your site. Much respect to you for appreciating and taking the time to share with us, your outlook on the beauty of nature.
    Have a peaceful and positive weekend.
    In kindness, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Britta!
    Bramblings are a bird that spend the winter in a lot of Europe, so you probably have them in Hamburg at the moment.
    Thankyou for your continuing support!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words Gary and thankyou for your following!
    Hope to hear from you again.
    J

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my humble blog.