Sunday 12 December 2010

Waxwing at Langtoft

This lone Waxwing was seen at the village of Langtoft, just outside Peterborough and just over the border in Lincolnshire. There has been a few seen in this location over the past few weeks, but this is the first time I have been able to catch up with one.

I make no apologies for making a second posting about this stunning bird and if there are others found I will probably be doing another! I can really not tire of seeing them!



All digiscoped using Lumix FS15 and Kowa TSN-883 x30

4 comments:

  1. Hi John - splendid! They look like paintings - and I say that as a compliment.

    I am able to get nearer the birds now, by staking out and keeping vigil! I'm told that it'll cost a fortune to get proper gadgets for close-ups, is that so?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    I can most certainly understand why you never tire of seeing them. What a gorgeous looking bird.
    Have a peaceful day.
    In kindness, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Grandpa!
    It depends on what sort of `gadgets` you are talking about. Add on lenses for a DSLR camera can run into the many thousands, but I use digiscoping, which is when I use a scope and take photo`s through that.Ofcourse you have to get yourself a scope first, these can be anything from a few hundred pounds to a couple of thousand! Try `googling` digiscoping and look at the results.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gary. These birds are really stunning, aren`t they! They are even better in the flesh.
    With peaceful thoughts,
    J

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my humble blog.